Linux admin / DevOps – Limassol, Cyprus
World-Link Communications established in 1989, is an award winning provider of Mobile Satellite Services specializing in the maritime sector. Our customers are ship owners in the USA, Russia, Cyprus, Greece, Middle East and South America. Visit us on the web at: http://www.wlnet.com.
We are looking to add a Linux System Engineer to assist in the deployment, support and continued development of our Linux network management appliance.
- 4 years hands-on experience with Linux appliance systems optimizing open source applications.
- In depth knowledge of programing in Bash, Perl, PHP, mysql, android, api dev, captive portal, and compiling c from source
- Able to configure, install, optimize and support Apache/Nginx, Centos, Custom Linux building/compiling, DNS, DHCP, FTP/SFTP, SSL/TLS/Vmware and Radius
- In depth understanding of Linux networking and protocols and services; TCPDUMB, Wireshark, OpenVPN/PPTP/L2TP/IPSec, Vlans, QOS, IPtables, SCP SSH and L7-filtering
- Working knowledge setting up Asterisk based VoIP systems.
- Demonstrated ability to debug networked systems
- Experience and hands on knowledge of systems’ security
- Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software and to work under tight time constraints
The ideal candidate is a team player, a mentor with a take ownership attitude, and possesses excellent time management, and communication skills.
– Support, maintain, enhance our Linux network appliance.
– Perform installations and configurations of systems.
– Create and maintain system patches and versions.
– Monitor and optimize servers and software for performance.
– Develop cutting-edge system automation tools.
– Collaborating with technical team members, clients and management.
– Providing technical support and problem resolution for the product.